Thursday, January 19, 2006

What if Jesus Came back? Post your comments

If Jesus Came Back


Setting:
Modern day United States, Bible belt.

“Son” The Preacher said, “we can help you release those demons in your head!”
“Demons, what demons? I am Jesus Christ the only son of God,” said Jesus the Son of God.
“Blasphemer! How dare you say that about our sacred Lord God! Jesus Christ himself will strike you down and you will be lost to hell if you don’t recant!”
“ Sweet, misguided sir, you don’t seem to understand, I am the son of God, returned to earth to bring peace and good will to all mankind. You have been killing, and hating one another for far too long and it is time for reckoning.”
“Okay ‘Heysoos’, you Mexicans think you can come to our country and take our jobs and our God? You are sorely mistaken. The one thing that is giving you away ‘Heysoos’ is not your words of love and peace but its that dark oily skin and black hair. Come on it is well known that our Lord Jesus was fair skinned”
“Brother,” said Jesus “ I was born in what you now call the Middle East, my appearance is what it should be, for one of such a land.”

At this point The Preacher’s bloated face, turned crimson with anger. He grabbed his perfectly quaffed hair and began to shake violently. “I feel the power of the Lord coming into me!” he spat. Flecks of spittle flew through the air and landed all over Jesus’ face. Jesus sat calmly while the portly preacher, contorted and twisted his features into a mask of contempt.
“So that’s it!” He screamed full into the face of the man before him, “You, you heathen, you ungodly dirty Arab! How dare you posture yourself as the champion and founder of Christianity! I have preached against the likes of you for years! You people are doing Satan’s bidding, killing peaceful women and children with your suicide bombs, and insurgent attacks, all the while praying to the false God, Allah. I know your tricks Satan, I have been tempted one too many times!”
“Sir’, said Jesus in a calm peaceful tone of voice cutting off The Preacher’s tirade, “I know of all the times you have been tempted. I was there when you took the money and spent it on that fancy car, saying that you needed it to do the Lords work. I was there when you took that young girl into the storeroom and said that Jesus would be proud, and that you were doing the Lords work, all the while she cried. She has spoken to me and told me of her feelings of shame and regret. I have also heard you speak out against Jews, and Buddhists, Hindus, and Muslims, and many other religions. I have come today to set the record straight. It is not I you should be worshipping, it is the way I lived my life. It is how I spoke to people, not what I said that matters. It is the deeds I performed for others, not for myself. That is what you missed. In all your years of preaching and spreading the “Word” you refused to follow in my footsteps. In your blindness, your one-sidedness, your contempt and hatred for the beliefs of others, you missed the common thread, which could have solved the world’s problems. Ponder it for a while and see if you can tell me what it is.


Can you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you grant.....

that is my answer to all questions inposed here.....

AL