Friday, January 27, 2006

Fishing is Life

I've been in a little bit of a funk lately. Yes Diane Sawyer had a little to do with it but I think there is a deeper reason. It has taken me a little while to figure out but I've fianlly got my finger on it. Fishing, I miss fishing. It has been a little too cold to go out in the kayak, so I have been cooped up in the house getting all of my gear ready for the first nice warm day. Sure there have been some warm days, but they all seem to fall during the week. When Staurday and Sunday come around its too cool and windy. The fishing I miss the most is trout fishing. I miss being on a high mountain stream in New Mexico casting to those beautiful sparkling fish. The cast the drift the swirl the fish on the fly, tight line. John Gierach once wrote, "After all the one place you almost always want to be is on a trout stream with a fly rod. Once you're actually there, it seems unreasonable to impose further conditions."
What more can be said?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this blog stuff is just too much work for you.. This is way too old for comment. F U, P.O.S.